Wednesday 19 October 2011

Mr Snakey

I said last night that I knew what I was going to blog about next, and here he is! Mr Snakey, who now keeps my bedroom window draft-free. I made him out of an old home made skirt, the material of which I loved too much give to the charity shop along with the rest of my clear out. Also, it saves buying new stuff! Why bother buying new fabric when I have plenty of old clothes to cut up and recycle? The ribbon for his tongue I had already too, as with the buttons .. I thought he rather suited odd eyes .. and I didn't have matching big buttons and wasn't going to buy any when I'd had all the rest of his 'body parts' already.


As I made him rather thin to fit on the ledge it made stuffing him a rather laborious task as I'd almost completely sewn him up already. I stuffed the snake with cotton wool - I usually have a large pleat of it somewhere, I find it useful for so many things - and the help of the handle of a broken fish slice to poke it down with. I made him a little longer than my measurements on purpose as I knew once sewn up he would've shrunk a bit. As you can see, the fit is perfect! I had thought that perhaps I should've made him a bit .. taller/fatter? but he covers the gap fine which is the main thing :]

No comments: