Thursday 3 November 2011

'Thank you' cards

Last night I made some thank-you cards to send to the lovely people who gave me such lovely presents for my birthday. The original idea I'd had was to use some material in the middle of the card then stamp 'Thank you' over the top of it. This didn't happen, simply because my potato-cutting-to-make-a-stamp skills are utterly non-existent. Does anyone make stamps out of potatoes or similar at home? If so how?! :) I will have a look for a ready made stamp for future use online today but it would still be nice to be able to make my own if need be. So, due to lack of stamp I decided to use one I already had - I felt the leaves, particularly in the orange ink, were rather seasonal so it didn't matter it was un-birthday related. On each card I glittered around one stamp and then glued some wee buttons over the acorns on another. The gluing was tricky for the glittery stamp as I used glue then glittered over the top as I didn't have any glitter glue. I used Uhu but it came out rather thick and made it look messy - can you think of a better glue I could use next time? I popped the cards in the post this morning but I still wish I'd managed to get them in earlier. Perhaps for Christmas I'll make cards before present opening then can just fill them all in at once later.. or I could just buy some nice cards I suppose but that defeats the purpose for me really - it's so much nicer to make my own!

No comments: