Wednesday 2 November 2011

Crafty birthday presents

After a good feel of this particular parcel ('it's squishy.. oh no! not another scarf! .. phew, I can feel a hard bit - it isn't a scarf after all..') I finally opened it to discover a pretty bag filled with lots of lovely crafty things from mums own collections. Its bits and pieces like this - trimmings and cuttings and odds and ends that one collects over time - that I really rather wanted for making cards and other things. Thank you mummy :o) I had a lovely time back home for my birthday (we had a bonfire and lots of yummy things to eat and drink!).

When I got back to my flat I had some more parcels to open - an absolutely scrummy big button keyring that went straight on my keys, a matching button purse, and the new Hummingbird Bakery cook book. I cannot wait to try some of the recipes - there is one called 'Grasshopper Pie' and the filling is made from melted marshmallows flavoured with peppermint - ooo its a dream come true. Maybe I'd better save it for dreaming about just now though or a little tubby will soon become a big tubby what with all the other sweets and chocolate I was given at the weekend! Has anyone made anything from this book? Do you have a favourite you'd like to recommend?

No comments: