Thursday 15 December 2011

Mulled Cranberry and Apple Jelly

Good evening everyone. I've spent a busy afternoon making some 'Mulled Cranberry and Apple Jelly'. I've never made jam or jelly before but when I found this recipe I decided to give making a few jars a go.

I halved the ingredient quantities as I only wanted to make a few jars as Christmas gifts, and having never made it or anything like it before I was doubtful of if it would work.

The kitchen is very messy now but I think it was worth it. I enjoyed the process, the smells and the delight when it looked like it was doing the right thing!

Here is one of the jars with its Christmassy hat on, ready to give as a gift when I go home for the festive time. I tried some on toast just now and it was really very nice. I had worried it was perhaps too sweet when I tasted after I put it in the jars, but on toast I did enjoy it and really didn't need much at all.

So.. what should I try making next? Once this creation has been eaten and I have all the posh jars back that is.. :]

No comments: